Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:33:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Secure connection

Hello isp'ers!

I don't know if these questions are appropriate for this list, but I
thought it was worth a try.

Here is the situation:
This company I work for has a couple of offices, two with internet
connection.
This two offices is situated in two different countries, Sweden and
England. The two offices wants to tranfers files to each other via the
internet. So far so good. It's possible. But, we want to do it in a
"secure" way. Both offices has firewalls that don't let anybody in. We
could "punch a hole" in our firewalls. Then we can connect to each
other(actually England office can connect to Sweden only, they have a
one-way-dial-up-ISDN). But the information is still readable. We don´t want
that. So I wonder what I can do about it. Some kind of encryption? Is
there any "secure" filetransfer protocol?

I hope you understand my problem, and that somebody can help me, or give
me some hints.

Thanks,
	Jakob Alvermark

 Teligent AB, P.O. Box 213, S-149 23 Nynäshamn, Sweden
Telephone +46-(0)8 520 660 00 * Fax +46-(0)8 520 193 36
 Direct +46-(0)8 520 660 32 * GSM +46-(0)70 792 16 57