Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 23:51:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@mail.pernet.net>
To:        Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendations for 8-10 port serial card?

On Sun, 12 May 1996, Steve Reid wrote:

> I'm looking for a multi-port serial card for 8 (or more) 28.8 kbps modems.
> It'll be plugged into a 16 meg Pentium-100, running FreeBSD 2.1.0-R.
>
> Any recommendations as to what is most cost effective?

Definately the Cyclades Cyclom-8y.  You can get them rather cheap, and
we've had excellent experiences with them.  We have 4 16y's running right
now with absolutely no problems.  You also might see if they have an ISP
program.  We've been getting ours for about $499 for a 16 port board.

--
Neal Rigney, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net