Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 06:49:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reply-to addresses

> Use a mailer that does it for you then.  I consider it extremely
> unkind to save 1 minute in not rewriting the headers at the expense of
> causing quite a number of people getting duplicates (once discussion
> grows).

The problem is deducing what people want.  The eternally-growing
"cc" list is a pain in the neck.  But the individual in the reply-to
address may appreciate the quick answer and not wait for the
list delay.

I try to always trim the cc: list back to the mailing list and leave
the originator address (except in this case) where reply-to put it.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936