Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:49:46 +0100
From:      "Robert Hulme" <rob@robhulme.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail not building

> > Has anyone got any ideas why it isnt building?
> something is wrong with your libbind.so
> please update or deinstall bind8 or bind9
>
> sendmail-8.12.9 builds fine here FreeBSD.4.5-RELEASE.
I've tried deinstall and installing bind8 from ports... It installs fine
(and now runs the latest version) but /usr/lib/libbind.so is not
updated, the file modification date stays the same as it was before, and
sendmail wont compile...

I can see a libbind.a in the src directory but no .so... Shouldn't this
file be automatically installed in the right place?

-rob