Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:52:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, nocturnal@swehack.se
Subject:   Re: Support for HP Smart Array 5i in ciss(4)?

nocturnal <nocturnal@swehack.se> wrote:
 > The hardware notes for 6.2-RELEASE say that the ciss(4) driver supports
 > Compaq Smart Array 5i and HP Smart Array 6i but not HP Smart Array 5i.

I assume that "Compaq Smart Array 5i" and "HP Smart Array 5i"
is the exact same thing.  The 51 predates the merger of HP
and Compaq, after which it was probably renamed because of
markting purposes, but it is still the very same thing,
technically.

FreeBSD runs fine on one of those here (a ProLiant DL360).

Best regards
   Oliver

Any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may
not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix GmbH & Co KG in any way.