Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:24:13 -0800
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To:        "pingcrisis.comTTing Ping\"" <tingping@HotPop.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions

> Hello everybody,
> i have got an query here. I would like to know if there is any search
> engine softwares in the freeBSD ports?

First, this is the wrong forum for technical-type
questions.  The correct forum for those would be the
freebsd-questions list.  Be sure to check the archives
before posting though.  This forum is for discussing the
newbie experience, our ups and downs of getting to know
FreeBSD.  We can help you phrase a question to be posted
to the -questions list, but do you really want newbies
answering your questions?  :)

Second, have you searched the ports tree yet?  "man ports"
to find out how, or use the web version:
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

Cheers,
Freddie			PhoenixTek Consulting
fcash@bigfoot.com	Unix / Networking Services