Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 01:30:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/15353: manpage section missing from examples

The following reply was made to PR docs/15353; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
To: obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:57:46 +0300

 hi,

 On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 10:02:21PM -0800, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

 > >Number:         15353
 > >Category:       docs
 > >Synopsis:       manpage section missing from examples

 > 	Some manpages like ls.1 have a "COMPATIBILITY" section.
 > 	Where is the proper location for it?
 > 	ls.1 has it above "SEE ALSO".  I would have guessed it should be
 > 	before or after "STANDARDS".
 >

 > >Fix:
 >
 > 	Please add "COMPATIBILITY" to /usr/share/examples/mdoc/example.? and
 > 	doc(7).

 Quick look shown that we have about 200 nonstandalone (not listed in mdoc(7))
 sections headers. It's impossible to add all of them to mdoc(7). I not
 sure that it's good idea.

 --
 /* Alexey Zelkin                       && phantom@cris.net    */
 /* Tavric National University          && phantom@crimea.edu  */