Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 04:20:50 -0400
From:      "George Ramos" <george@durham.net>
To:        "'On'" <owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <derek@durham.net>
Subject:   Blake, Andre and anyone else that cares to comment on virus scanning. PLEASE!!!

Hi. I have a question for both Blake and Andre.

First of all, what is the URL for Dr Web?
Secondly, I'm missing Andre's point and I am trying to understand, why are
you Andre asking about "for a sendmail addon to scan each e-mail (at least
incoming, but
> > incoming and outgoing preferred) for virii's.  I've heard that they
don't
> > work well on FreeBSD? any ideas welcome." but then move on to say "I
love RAV's native version for FreeBSD using the sendmail milter
> interface.
>
> http://www.ravantivirus.com/

Isn't ravantivirus the same thing? Can you please kindly explain Andre
because it seems to me that you were asking for something that you already
have....? I hope that you don't mind my asking but we are trying to
implement a virus scanning solution for our customers and needless to say we
are trying to do this as painlessly as possible. We've been watching the
suggestions on the list and I was encouraged by Blake's answer regarding
Dr.Web.

Lastly, can you tell me, how long should it take to get this Dr.Web running
and are there any pitfalls that we should watch for?

Thank you.

George
Durham Net