Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 10:15:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        michael butler <imb@asstdc.com.au>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), imb@scgt.oz.au, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 560 + -current

> A couple of outstanding concerns .. whilst "lsdev" lists the driver (and
> calls the card a 3C509 :-)) snmpd doesn't seem to be happy about it and
> dumps core. The actual message is ..
>
> 	pid 312 (snmpd), uid 0: exited on signal 8
>
>  .. when I try an snmpbulkwalk (this is UCD-SNMP).

Hmm, I can't help you there.

> Back onto the apm stuff .. with APM_DEBUG defined, I get ..

> pccard driver ep added
> ep0 not found at 0x300
> ze: slot 0: no card in slot
> ze: slot 1: no card in slot
> ze0 not found at 0x300
> zp: slot 0: no card in slot
> zp: slot 1: no card in slot
> zp0 not found at 0x300

Whoops, I'm suprised that you aren't panic'ing the machine with both
sets of drivers in it (if_zp and if_ep).  Remove and/or disable the
if_zp and if_ze drivers since they are no longer necessary.

> apm0 on isa
> apm: APM BIOS version 0101
> apm: Code32 0xf00f85b0, Code16 0xf00f0000, Data 0xf009fc00
> apm: Code entry 0x00000000, Idling CPU disabled, Management enabled
> apm: CS_limit=ffff, DS_limit=400
> apm: Engaged control enabled
> apm: found APM BIOS version 1.1
> apm: Slow Idling CPU disabled
> Add hook "default suspend"
> Add hook "default resume"
> called apm_event_enable()
> Card inserted, slot 0
> ep0: utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:20:af:fa:df:f5
>
>  .. but when I run "apmconf -e", it prints "called apm_event_enable()" and
> panics. It will do so with or without PCMCIA cards inserted,

Ok, can you try rebuilding apm.c with 'APM_DSVALUE_BUG' defined?  Note,
someone just pointed out a possible bug that may be affecting alot of
folks but I need to track it down first, so I spent the night updating
my 755C to -current.  I'll be testing out a possible fix for the bug on
both my NEC and works' ThinkPad.

Nate