Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:14:19 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), markm@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We need to do an audit of our "crypto", both current and  planned.

Don't start jumping up and down and cheering yet, though; there's
another problem.

That problem, alas, is the word "unrestricted." The only code that's
"unrestricted," according to the new regs, is code that uses keys of
64 or fewer bits. Or at least that's how I understand the draft at

http://www.cdt.org/crypto/admin/000110cryptoregs.shtml

--Brett