Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:22:12 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: network monitor/visu tool that displays traffic between nodes ?

On Tuesday, 10th November 1998, Bill Fumerola wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Andreas Klemm wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a network monitor that displays traffic between
>> several nodes to easily see the "top 10" of speakers in a network

>also the commercial product lanstat
>which is on the freebsd.org webserver somewhere under 'commercial
>products' does similar (but more in depth) things like ntop.

The guys that did lanstat have powered on and built a complete competitor
to HP OpenView and Sun's network thingy (whatever it's called).  Have a
look at http://www.statscout.com and see what you think.  There's an online
demo version to play with.  It's not entirely obvious how it works at first
glance, but it grows on you over time.  And it runs *only* on FreeBSD.

The "top 10" part of it is under "Lan Statistics".

Obligatory disclaimer:  These guys are friends of mine, but I'm not directly
involved in this venture.

Stephen.