Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 00:54:41 -0800
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interesting panic: Shouldn't get here!

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 12:27:21AM -0800, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> wrote:
> > 	Good morning all,
> >
> > This is with yesterday's world and today's kernel. The panic occurs in
> > kern/init_main.c(274). Should I file a PR?
>
> No, and particularly not with that singular lack of any useful
> information.

	FWIW I got the same on my system. I had 3.0-CURRENT
	running from about two weeks ago. Decided today it
	was time to do another CVSup. Upon reboot the system
	only saw half amount of RAM (I have 128MB) and
	then said "panic: Shouldn't get here".

	The system has been running fine all along before.
	I am going to play with it more and see what
	works and what does not. Booting old (from snap
	of 11/23) a.out /kernel.GENERIC does bring
	the system up. By default /kernel is elf. The
	hardware is P-II 233MHz, 128RAM, IDE, fxp0, ..

-- Yan