Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 1998 16:15:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      William Bloom <wbloom@rez.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chad@rez.com
Subject:   Update Needed to mtree /usr Spec

Looks like an Oct 6 update to /usr/doc/es/FAQ/Makefile (from the 'doc'
CVS module) now causes...

        make all distribute DISTDIR=...

...from /usr/doc to distribute documents into...

        ${DISTDIR}/doc/usr/share/doc/es

However, the make eventually fails because the /usr mtree specification
in /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist contains no entry for the
share/doc/es subdirectory.

This in turn prevents a FreeBSD release from being generated (with
NODOCS disabled).

Perhaps this is a work-in-progress and I've just been caught trying to
generate a release at just the wrong moment.  In that case, I should
just wait a while until my repository catches up the rest of the
/usr/src/etc updates.  However, I just wanted to check in with the
mailing list as a first step in case I'm the only one to be aware of
this problem so far.

Bill