Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:11:20 +0930 (CST)
From:      Martin Minkus <diskiller@borg-cube.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 problems...

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Thomas D. Dean wrote:

> I had this problem a week ago.
>
> It was caused by my booting the kernel directly.
>
>   0:da(0,a)/kernel
>
> Using
>
>   0:da(0,a)/boot/loader
>
> cures the symptoms.

Ooooohhh!!

This explains why i get the same top: nlist failed error in 5.0.
That machine's BIOS won't boot the hdd for some reason (beats the heck out
o me, worked a few days ago), so i use a boot disk to boot FreeBSD 5.0 and
Win2k. I just use 0:ad(0,a)/kernel.

No wonder :)

martin.

--
Martin Minkus aka DiSKiLLeR
Email: diskiller@borg-cube.com   Web: http://www.diskiller.net

I live in a world of paradox... my willingness to destroy is
your chance for improvement, my hate is your faith, my failure
is your victory - a victory that won't last.