Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:00:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Lanny Baron <beef@tht.net>" <beef@tht.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD-newbies

  	Hello,

   This is just to let people know that #FreeBSD-newbies has been made on
both the efnet and the undernet. Although there is #freebsd which I
frequent, many very basic questions don't get answered or at times a flame
starts up. I hope this can aliviate the problem. This is in no way to be
construed as some type of competition for the existing channel #freebsd on
the efnet.

   It would be nice if the new channels could be listed on a web page or
in the handbook. If anything, it could help out people new to the FreeBSD
operating system and it would also be good for FreeBSD's image with
respect to support.

   I for one love FreeBSD (heh, just ordered the latest book by Greg
Lehey, the newest CD, a few polo shirts and some tee shirts) but have had
a hell of a time learning UNIX.

 Lanny