Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 11:52:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        jemstone@ifx.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slurp Question

> I just got slurp.  I have setup the slurp.sys file.  When I run slurp I
> get a message that it can't open /usr/local/news/lib/history because the
> file or directory does not exist.  I looked and the file does exist.  It
> is an empty file with one linefeed in it.
>
> Any ideas?

You need to be sure that INN and SLURP are using 1) the same history
database method (dbz, etc.) and 2) that both agree on where the history
file is.  Try posting an article to your own news server to make sure
that INN is working properly.  The history file will grow as you add
articles.  If not, then it sounds like you have not installed INN properly.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net