Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 95 11:45 CDT
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org
Subject:   Re: PCI/EISA/ISA performance

[0]"Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
[0]On Tue, 4 Apr 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
[0]ISA does not have a specified clock frequency, I have seen it running
[0]as fast as 16Mhz.  Most boards die above 10Mhz, but some of the more
[0]specialized industrial applications boards are spec'd upto 12 or 16Mhz.

Actually, there is an IEEE standard on timing and performance for
the ISA bus.  It came out in the late eighties.   I don't have it here
(we have a copy at work) but I am pretty sure it says 8.33MHz is
the IEEE spec.

We used this spec recently when fighting Intel over some non-compliance
on IOW timing.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"I'll huff, and I'll puff,
or  uhclem%nemesis@trsvax.ast.com (Internet)| and I'll get promoted."
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               | - Old management saying
...decvax!trsvax.fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem  |