Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:50:39 GMT
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/70607: [patch] Add Support for USB Microsoft Intellimouse (possibly others)

The following reply was made to PR kern/70607; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To: Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>,
	Matt Wright <matt@consultmatt.co.uk>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 01:41:26 +0000

 In message <200411082140.iA8LeXQs087630@freefall.freebsd.org>, Anish Mistry wri
 > Excellent work Matt.  I've just tested it with my wired Intellimouse, and
 > it works great on my laptop (6-CURRENT).  It didn't work on my desktop,
 > but I think the USB controller is flaky, ums just gets 1 interrupt then
 > gets stuck, but my other USB mice still worked fine, so no regressions.
 > Could a committer (Ian?) take a look at this a possibly merge it?

 Sure, but one question about the patch: is it necessary to add the
 new field to the mousestatus structure, i.e. is there any userland
 code that needs the new `dt' field from the MOUSE_GETSTATUS ioctl?
 If not, it would be better to avoid having to recompile any existing
 applications that may use the MOUSE_GETSTATUS ioctl. Adding the new
 field would also require modifying all the other mouse drivers
 (sysmouse, mse, psm, pc98/mse) to initialise `dt'.

 Ian