Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:47:46 -0500
From:      "Edward Shabotinsky" <lanshark@bsinet.net>
To:        "Evren Yurtesen" <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mysql for ftp/mail etc.

we use cucipop+sendmail for now in production
test box running cucipop+pam_ldap, sendmail+ldap, proclaim+pam_ldap
another test box is running qmail+ldap with qmail pop3 server and ldap
control patch.
to get first box working was pain in the neck, but qmail just with little
time was up and running
to convert from password file i don't think is difficult, if you use
pam_ldap, there is tools to do that
check this site http://www.padl.com/OSS/pam_ldap.html
we have all our users in billing system, so all we have to do is write
little ldap interface to sync them with ldap db.

Edward Shabotinsky
Systems Engineer
BriteSiteInet Inc.
lanshark@bsinet.net