Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:26:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      sphin X <sphinX@euromedia.ro>
To:        Slim <jallen@aviating.com>, lute@willinet.net
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need a box, and your experience.

hi, appart from bsd being able to run fast on old systems u can make it run even faster. first u compile custom kernel. appart from that though u can go even further by shutting down all services u dont want that startup by default.

if u want take a look at:

http://www.daemonnews.org/199809/security.html

i'm sure there is more detailed stuff around, but these short articles

http://www.daemonnews.org/new2bsd/

 are realy cool when u start up...

see u

--- Slim <jallen@aviating.com>