Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:02:50 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <karl.pielorz@getonline.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with recent Stable & amr (AMI MegaRAID) Controllers?

Hi All,

I've seen a couple of posts recently about strange things with -stable and
the amr device.

We've got a machine in the US at RackSpace - which I just moved from 4.5 to
4.7-STABLE.

The build went fine, I fixed up /etc et'al, build new kernel, rebooted -
and it fails. RackSpace say the new machine fails to find the root
filesystem, and didn't appear to find the amr device.

Rebooting it back to the old kernel, and it works - finding:

amr0: <AMI MegaRAID> mem 0xd8020000-0xd802ffff irq 11 at device 9.0 on pci0
amr0: <Series 475 40 Logical Drive Firmware> Firmware C158, BIOS 3.11, 32MB
RAM

And mounts root/boots fine.

I just double checked the kernel config etc. - and amr is in the new
kernel, but apparently it just doesn't get found?

I realise this is a little vague - but not having console access to the
machine, I'm working on what info I can get out of RackSpace.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this recently? - I've only had patchy
access to the -stable list recently, but did do a search of the archives
etc.

The machine spec is a 512Mb AMD 650Mhz, w/2x18Gb drives as a RAID1 array
off the amr.

Thanks,

-Karl