Date:      Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:53:43 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dhclient and wpa_supplicant

Sam Leffler wrote:
> Eric Schuele wrote:
>
>> Sam Leffler wrote:
>>
>>> Eric Schuele wrote:
>>>

>> <big-snip>
>>

>> Both my APs (home and office) hide their ssids.  One is a wrt54g
>> (home), the other is linksys as well... though I forget the model at
>> the moment (FWIW its a/b/g).  What can I do to provide the info you need?
>

> These should work; I've had reports of problems with certain Cisco ap's.
>  Note however that configuring an ap to hide it's ssid adds no real
> security.

FWIW... I set my AP to broadcast the ssid.  It then quickly associated
with it.  But then dhclient 'broke the association' when it tried to
acquire a lease (I have removed the media lines from dhclient.conf)?
and subsequent wpa_supplicant attempts would no longer detect or
associate with the AP... till I reboot.

Attached is that log.

What else can I provide to help.