Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 14:16:21 +1000
From:      Scott Donovan <scottd@telstra.net>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BT848/winTV/Teletext/video4linux etc.

Hi guys, Have been on leave and so forth, finally getting a chance to get
back into some bt848/fxtv/vid4linux stuff etc.

I have had a basic play with incorporating the wintv remote stuff into fxtv
remote system, although i am fumbling around alittle (medium sized perl
scripts is usually the extent of my coding abilities). I have it sort of
working :-)

>> of Australian Frequencies, which also now works wonderfully. Although all
>> this was not a process for a total FreeBSD novice..
>
>If you send me the changes, I can include them in the newversion of the
>driver.

 i will grab the latest driver and send over a patch.. It think there has
been a couple of revs since I originally played with it :-)

>I have one. I have an experimental Bt848 driver and have ported the
>Linux
>Teletext decode/viewing software to FreeBSD

 Are you willing to release it into the world, or is it still alittle prem ?

>I also wrote part of the V4L API for the FreeBSD driver but never
>finished the
>work. It would be great if someone could finish the job.

Anyone willing to give a hand here, I am noticing an ever larger number of
V4L apps we could leverage.

>I added the IR support to the driver. Rolf (I think) wrote a little IR
>-> Volume
>control application. FXTV support is up to Randall or probably someone
>else who has the IR handset.

Ahh fair enough.. I might ask randall for some pointers.

>> 6. Could the bt848 frequency set information be dynamically included during
>> boot time (ala pnp style commands)?
>We could have a userland progam called bt848_config which can load the
>driver with
>various settings (eg tuner type, audio type, channel sets).

 That would be a good idea as I have just given a friend in new zealand a
hand with putting the freq sets for there in (by hand, and recompiling the
kernel)