Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:49:42 +1000
From:      "Chris Knight" <chris@e-easy.com.au>
To:        <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: DEC 3000/700?

Howdy,

Didn't think to check the 4.8 Hardware docs - I'd assumed that 5.0
would have been more complete.

> It was never very complete because there are no SCSI or display
> drivers.

Well, serial only access is fine, but diskless booting isn't so great.

> Unless you have the urge to port a SCSI driver from NetBSD, don't buy
> this to run FreeBSD

OK. Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking for a reasonably supported
Alpha.

> Drew

Regards,
Chris Knight
Systems Administrator
E-Easy
Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
Web: http://www.e-easy.com.au