Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:56:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dynamically Allocatable Name Service (DANS)

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> > I understand what can be done.  Rocket and bike analogies just makes it
> > sound like name serving is a trivial exercise.
>
> It's also already in the works - he needs to read the RFCs (I sent
> this on to Paul Vixie who was quite amused).

I'm actually amazed that anyone actually took it seriously.  It seemed to me
from a cursory scan of what he had to say that almost no serious thought
about the size of the database, or the enormous amount of traffic that
it would create had taken place.

And then there's the _very_ revealing cc: list in the message header 8)