Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:46:18 +0000
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CFD: XMLification of NOTES

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> At this point I would like to start some kind of discussion and listen for
> your ideas which features you'd like to see in application which will be
> handling these XMLs.

I'd like to not have XML, please.  XML is hard to read - there is way
too much repetition compared to content.  If you have to change the
syntax, please use something more lightweight than XML (or make
absolutely sure we do not have to deal with the XML at the source level
in any way except when adding or removing devices/options to/from the
source tree.)

Eivind.