Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:42:45 -0400
From:      Drew Derbyshire <software@kew.com>
To:        Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
Subject:   Re: sshd

Roger Marquis wrote:
> The real issue, it seems to me, is consistency.  If ftp, telnet, rsh,
> rlogin, etc. run from inetd then sshd should also.  The original reason it
> wasn't is the key generation delay, which isn't an issue on anything
> faster than a 486/25.

It's still an issue (10+ seconds) on a 486/66, which loafs otherwise as my
outer firewall.  Pentiums, perhaps.

In any case, I find if it works properly as the port installs it, I use the
default.

-ahd-
--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

"I'm only human, flesh and blood, a man.
 Human, born to make mistakes . . ."