Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:06:50 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dump Card State Begins ...

>> I am experiencing very similar problems with Seagate drives
>> and the mpt driver:
>> [... dmesg output and kernel panic ...]
>
> Well, after a day of testing different drive firmware,
> talking to Seagate technical support etc., I could reproduce
> the problem with an IBM DDYS-T36950 disk.

Unless you provide the messages, I cannot confirm that you
reproduced the same error.

> This is not even an U320 device - U160 only.
>
> The error message/panic is almost identical.

Almost, but almost certainly not the same.  Once you've
studied all of the registers and how they work, you can
make that judgement for yourself.  Please provide the full
output of the driver, compiled with register pretty printing
enabled.

--
Justin