Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:03:26 -0600
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorillanet.gorilla.net>
To:        scsi freebsd <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Still having problems with CTT8000-S

On Tue, Mar 10, 1998 at 10:26:13PM -0500, Harry Patterson wrote:
> I am still having problems getting my Seagate Tapestor (4 gig native) to be
> accesible after boot. I have been using an Adaptec 1505 but have also used a
> 1510 + 1520 with the same results. When the system boots it
> probes with the following result:
>
> aic0 at 0x340-0x35f irq 11 on isa
> aic0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
> (aic0:2:0): "CONNER CTT8000-S 1.22" type 1 removable SCSI 2
> st0(aic0:2:0): Sequential-Access density code 0x45, 512-byte blocks,
> write-enabled
>
> After boot I can't even get the light on the drive to light, let alone
> rewind or dump.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on getting FreeBSD to work with this drive? I've
> put it in a Windows95 machine and it works fine as is (no jumper changes).
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Harry

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-scsi" in the body of the message

Mine works fine. Probes as:<CONNER CTT8000-S 1.17>. The light only comes
on when tape is winding. Put a tape in and reboot, you should see tape
movement at probe time, if not, there is a problem. I'm using a 2940, not
a 1505 (?). Have you got anything to run on the 1505? Also mine's external
which makes it easy to fiddle with :)

Tom