Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:27:11 -0600
From:      Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
To:        nectar@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hogwash

> Nobody is `in' on the bug.  The OpenSSH team has given details to no
> one so far, so we are assured to be blindsided.  I'm afraid security
> contacts with various projects and vendors know no more than what was
> said in the bugtraq posting.

Bullshit.

You have been told to move up to privsep so that you are immunized by
the time the bug is released.

If you fail to immunize your users, then the best you can do is tell
them to disable OpenSSH until 3.4 is out early next week with the
bugfix in it.  Of course, then the bug will be public.

I am not nearly naive enough to believe that we can release a patch
for this issue to any vendor, and have it not leak immediately.