Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 08:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        yenbut@cs.washington.edu
Subject:   Re: Changing DEV_BSIZE

> MOD's are certaily the only candidates that sometimes _require_ a
> different hardware block size (except you can also format floppies
> with up to 1024 or 2048 byte block size).

I'm not sure if you meant "certainly not", but in case you really
meant "certainly", some disk arrays have a "sector size" that is
the stripe multiple of the underlying sector size.  Of course if
you reformat the base drives to some tiny sector size such as 64
bytes for an 8 way stripe you could get away with it.

Peter