Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:05:38 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Leon Feng <rainofchaos@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [vge] VIA VT6130 only auto negotiating to 1000baseT after down/up

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:55:55AM +0800, Leon Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running CURRENT r190987 on VIA EPIA board with VT6130 chip.
> I found two problems:
>
> 1. After normal boot, vge only auto negotiate to 100baseTX. Then
> # ifconfig vge1 down
> # ifconfig vge1 up
> And vge1 will auto negotiate to 1000baseT.

It's normal to see negotiated speed/duplex only after configuring
network interface(At least you have to up the interface to get
valid link). You have configured vge1 in rc.conf, right?

> 2. After reboot the system, there is an error message:
> " savecore: reboot after panic: mutex vge0 not owned at
> /usr/src/sys/modules/vge/../../dev/vge/if_vge.c:2395"

Hmm, there is no such line number 2395 in if_vge.c. Please make
sure you've updated to latest CURRENT. And if you can see the panic
again show me full back-trace info.

> Do not know whether these two are related. Any one has an idea?

I think the former has nothing to do with the latter.