Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:09:17 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, "Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tjm@codegen.com, jenings@lvld.hp.com, nicklin@softframe.com
Subject:   C++ editor library package

My incomplete yet functional C++ editor library package is available for
anyone who wants to look and/or laugh at it:

    <http://codegen.com/freesoft.html>;

BTW, I was mistaken earlier, and it doesn't yet support undo/redo of
buffer-marks but it was planned to be added - there's a currently unused
enum in a header reminding me of this :).

Here's part of the README.

-----
This is a small text-editor library I'd written quite some time ago.

There's no documentation other than the code, and it is as yet still
incomplete.  A few files are from an older version but are left here as
an outline for a future replacement.

The Makefile builds "tst" from tst2.cc and "tgrep" from tst3.cc which
exercise the editor code.  tst2.cc shows how to bind keys, and how
windows, displays, and buffers are created and connected.  tst3.cc shows
how to use the Rex class.  All tst*.cc were written to test the library
and are not intended to be full-blown editors or replacements for grep.

The Buffer class was designed to operate independently of Displays and
Windows, allowing C++ programs to easily edit and manipulate text.  Undo
currently handle text only, but is intended to someday undo/redo Marks.
Bufvars are just a class outline at the moment.  Multiple Windows can be
opened on the same buffer.  Terminals provide the lowest-level access to
termcap data as well as setting/clearing raw-mode.  The DLD stuff was to
support an old version of a dynamic linker before such things were
common.
-----

(I wonder what I've just let myself in for...)

	-- Parag Patel

	"Agony: Not all Pain is Gain" --Despair.COM