Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 13:49:49 +0200 (EET)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xing Streamworks Player

At 14:33 7.11.1996 -0500, Charles Henrich wrote:
>> Have you tuned in the KissFM 112kbps on the MBone? That=B4s the high=
 quality
>> one should be looking for.
>
>I've bene listening to kissFM direct, but the mbone stream isnt there.. =
 (i.e.
>it times out)

You should try to join to the mbone session 2-3 times. Xing is supposedly
fixing that they time out too quickly on multicast sessions and the grafting
process is on the slow side depending on your multicast routing gear.

If you want to kludge around this, just put a host joining to the group
(224.42.42.2) and start streamwk a little later.

Another note is that the KissFM is originated from an aggregate so if you
have any pre-3.5 mrouteds on your path, your packets will get blackholed.
Doing an mtrace to the source would help to figure this out.

>> I=B4d like to hear from the reception quality or have mtraces in case the
>> quality is poor.
>
>The quality of KFM is incredible :)

Thanks! Tuning into the MBone-version helps you not to feel that bad about
wasting resources on the public internet though :-)

Pete