Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 08:00:41 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        DARREND@novell.com (Darren Davis)
Cc:        kat@cs.purdue.edu, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on laptop platforms - Reply

> I just got FreeBSD to work on an IBM 760CD.

Congratulations!

> fine and the PCCard (PCMCIA) package worked great.  Sound will not work
> because IBM uses a DSP chip for that (If anyone has drivers though, let
> me know.)

Apparently IBM's DSP chip is different enough that it requires a special
driver.  Someone within IBM ran Linux on one and had a driver written,
but needed management support to release the code.  Check around and see
if they got permission.

Also, could you send me you XF86Config file in private email?  I've got
a 755CX I need to get X running in 800x600 mode, and if you've done the
hard work already I'd certainly be willing to use it. :)

Nate