Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:07:19 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, ache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with screen

I just built the latest stable 4.0 stuff (not too easy
because of the lptcontrol problem).

Now screen (as in /usr/ports/misc/screen) does not work.
I tried remaking it, and it still does not work.

screen exits with:

............. most of the startup message deleted ............
Send bugreports, fixes, enhancements, t-shirts, money, beer & pizza to
screen@uni-erlangen.de

                        [Press Space or Return to end.]

[screen caught signal 11. (core dumped)]

I happened to notice that during its make that configure
complained that fifo was broken - I don't know if that is
relevant.

Here is a portion from the output of configure (from make)

checking fifos
- your fifos are usable
checking for broken fifo implementation
- you have a broken implementation
checking sockets
- your sockets are usable
checking socket implementation
- you are normal
- as your fifos are broken lets use the sockets.

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
Department of Mathematics, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211