Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 2002 16:29:20 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE Frozen for 4.7

--==_Exmh_-736617825P

If memory serves me right, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > If memory serves me right, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> > > I would really like the problems with the isc-dhcp dhclient utility that
> > > were in 4.6-RELEASE to be  fixed for 4.7, rather than having another
> > > errata item about the same problem
> >
> > What problems and what errata item?
>
> Looking at it it does not seem that the errata item exists, though i was
> sure it did. Anyway, the problem I refer to is

I have to confess I was pretty darned sure it didn't, since I would
probably have been the person to write (or at least commit) it.

> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=986596+989688+/usr/local/www/db/t
> ext/2002/freebsd-stable/20020519.freebsd-stable
> and the patch is
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1164730+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/
> 2002/freebsd-stable/20020519.freebsd-stable

Ah yes, I remember this now.  Thanks for dredging up the pointers.

> As far as i can tell, the code has not been changed since that was
> reported. Because this is vendor code,and Murray has commit access to
> ISC's repo, I think that was deemed the way forward, though the mailing
> lists only seem to have archived two of the messages.

Urg.  Yes, Murray would normally be the right person to deal with
this...unfortunately he's going to be unavailable for much of the 4.7
code-freeze.  With a little luck he'll read this email and tell us if
there's something that needs to be done.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-736617825P

--==_Exmh_-736617825P--