Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:31:23 -0700
From:      sean-freebsd-security@chittenden.org
To:        alexus <ml@db.nexgen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disable traceroute to my host

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd

	man traceroute

[snip]

       -p     Protocol  specific.  For UDP and TCP, sets the base
              port number used  in  probes  (default  is  33434).
              Traceroute  hopes  that nothing is listening on UDP
              ports base to base + nhops - 1 at  the  destination
              host  (so  an ICMP PORT_UNREACHABLE message will be
              returned to terminate the route tracing).  If some-
              thing  is listening on a port in the default range,
              this option can be used  to  pick  an  unused  port
              range.

	-sc

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 01:30:39AM -0400, alexus wrote:
> From: "alexus" <ml@db.nexgen.com>
> To: "Simon Rakovec" <simon@inforta.com>,
> 	<freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: disable traceroute to my host