Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:31:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 problems

In a previous message, Nate Williams said:
> > 	I've just upgraded my HP OmniBook 5700CT to 2.2.6 and I'm having
> > a few problems with regard to PCCARDS.
> >
> > 	I've been able to get my 3c389C, Xircom Ethernet+Modem (modem only),
> > and Adaptec 1460B all working. I couldn't get my Megahertz CC3288 to
> > work (no big deal since the Xircom works).
>
> Is there an entry for the Megahertz card in /etc/pccarcd.conf?

Nope, there never has been. However, I had been able to get it running
back on 2.2.2 (I think). Though that may have be PAO. But PAO could only
see 1 of my slots. I perfer running straight FreeBSD.

> > 	However, when I compile in the vx0 driver for the 3c905 ethernet
> > card in the dock, booting freezes. Any ideas on this? I'll include the
> > dmesg of the system w/o the vx0.
>
> No clue.   The dmesg output says nothing either, other than the system
> is up and running in multi-user mode when it hangs.

I'm considering getting rid of my doc and getting a port replicator. This
may be the nail in the coffin.

> > 	Also, I've got an Olicom Ethercom card laying around. Any chance
> > for this thing?
>
> Possible, depends on what it's trying to be.  Is it a clone of an NE2000
> board or what?

Wish I knew. I'm guessing it's not useful. I ran pccardc dumpcis on it, but
nothing jumped out at me.

--
"Music has charms to soothe the savage breast ..."

   William Congreve's line in _The Mourning Bride_ (1697), often
   misquoted as "savage beast," is no doubt inspired by a verse in
   William Shakespeare's _Measure for Measure (1604): "Music oft
   hath such a charm to make bad good, and good provoke to harm."
   In Henry VIII, Shakespeare spoke of Orpheus, who "with his lute
   mad trees,/ And the mountain-tops that freee,/ Bow themselves
   when he did sing."