Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 02:15:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Yonatan Bokovza <yonatan@xpert.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/29893: suggestions for 4.4 sysinstall

>Number:         29893
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       suggestions for 4.4 sysinstall
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Installing a fresh machine with 4.4RC-1 iso.
The disklabel's [A]uto command automagically creates mount points.
1. Non of which has SoftUpdates on by default [beware the bikeshed].
2. No /tmp (or /var/tmp per tuning(7)).

something totaly different:
Why no snort in the packages from the ports tree?

No password validation when adding users?

When clicking "HTML documents" in the "Post Configuration" menu, lynx
is auto-installed. It whould be wiser, regarding lynx's long history of
security problems, to use other browser or at least get the user's confirmation.

On the "User Confirmation Requested" just before rebooting, i quote:
"Be sure to remove any floppies/CDROM from the drive". I can't remove
the CDROM as it's still mounted. How about "ejecting" it, or unmounting
on "yes" and giving the user 10-30 seconds to "eject the CDROM
manually"?

root password isn't set!!! I gave root password at the correct prompt,
but after the reboot I logged in with no "password:" prompt.