Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:04:51 +0200
From:      "E.P.S." <uc18492@alumnos.unican.es>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp-troubled

When calling through my 56k-modem sometimes (not very often) the modem misses
a number (por example, it does 5-6-9-1-silence-3-4..). While being connected
to my isp sometimes the CS switches off for a few seconds; also when de modem
is transmitting/receiving x aplications take long time to load (like 5-10
seconds, which is really annoying in a Pentium IV), or even executing. I
thought maybe all these things are related. It happens both using ppp and
pppd, using freebsd 5.1. Is this logical?

Thanks in advance