Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 14:06:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      wjw@iaehv.IAEhv.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: remote install from an OS/2 machine with CD

You ( Jordan K. Hubbard ) write:
=>
=>  > The problems are that when trying to mount the remote CD I try to
=>  > mount the OS\2 h:\ drive. It used to be possible bij typing
=>  > 	mount -t nfs wjw:h:\\ /mnt
=>  > [ where wjw is my OS/2 box, and it is in the /etc/hosts file ]
=>  >
=>  > The error returned is: 'Address already in use'
=>
=>  The error message is actually incorrect.  What it's trying to say, and
=>  SHOULD be saying, is, "Permission denied".  Check the BSD box's
=>  credentials on the OS/2 box.  Perhaps OS/2 is listening on a
=>  privileged port?  -o resv would fix that..

That's how I interpreted it :-) Funny part is, that FreeBSD 1.1 did do
the job. But I'll try and see what ports we're talking here.
The BSD box is in the exports file.

=>  > Then I'm trying to use ftp for the install, and it turns out that unless
=>  > the passive mode is toggled in ncftp nothing can be ls/dir-ed.
=>  > Doing it manually in debugging mode reveils that ncftp and the OS/2 ftpd
=>  > can not exchanged directory data because the data connection wasn't opened.
=>
=>  The old version of ncftp doesn't handle automatic selection of passive
=>  mode.  The current one supposedly does.  I can't promise, but I hope
=>  that it'll be the system ncftp for 2.1.

Now what file, with what contents do I drop in a basic installed system
to ahve ncftp switch mode. (I'll just do the ESC ESC trick and reboot)
I tried reading the manual, but didn't get it to work. :-(
[Which is mostly my ignorance, I'm shure]

	WjW