Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:19:04 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WRT y2k compliance, in 2000, the day after Feb 28 is NOT Feb 29.

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 03:30:28PM +0000, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> And I didn't check, but if they all think 2000 has a 29 Feb., then I'd
> wager they think that there's 366 days in the year too, and that all the
> day-of-the-week are off by a day for every day after Feb 28.
> /usr/bin/cal is broken too on the two systems I checked.

[ Please, this has to be a troll ]

The year 2000 *is* a leap year.

A year is a leap year if

  1. It's evenly divisible by 4, unless it's evenly divisible by 100

or

  2. It's evenly divisible by 400.

1900 wasn't a leap year. 2000 will be.

Please see (amongst others) section 4 of

    <URL:ftp://www.year2000.com/pub/year2000/y2kfaq.txt>;

--+==[ Nik Clayton becomes Just Another Perl Contractor in 26 days. ]==+--
      "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
      "Duh, yeah Brain. But how are we going to get all those computers to
       crash at the same time?"