Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:26:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3c589d and ep0

> > Note: I've seen some comments recently about the 3C589D being new.
> > I've had one since the first week of April, and it has just worked
> > with stock 2.2.1 and now 2.2.1+PAO+(above patch).  Mine says 3c589D on
> > the card, and the CIS version string is "3C589D".
>
> It will work with the 'ep0' driver, but it (usually??) won't work the
> zp0 driver due to timing differences that were recently corrected in the
> zp driver.  The ep0 driver takes a bit of poorly documented setup in
> order to get it working, so it's listed as 'unsupported'.

I now realize mine doesn't quite work with ep0 and the PAO code
on the thinkpad 365x.

It gets that error about not being able to read the EEPROM on resume
from suspend.  It works fine all the rest of the time, though.
I'm going to try that DELAY patch I recall seeing.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval