Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2002 08:59:29 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PATCH2: Better kqueue patches

Maxime Henrion wrote:
> If you want to get this committed, it would probably help if you could
> generate diffs against -CURRENT.  Also, not being a sysV nor a kqueue
> expert, your patch looks very nice.  Just one small nit: malloc() with
> the M_WAITOK flag can't return NULL, so it's useless to test the pointer
> against NULL.

It's my understanding that it can, under extreme low memory
conditions, after a maximum number of tries.

However, I merely changed the name of the variable because I was
avoiding changing the user visible structure, which would have
required tat applications be recompiled in order to use the code;
the compare was there before.  8-).

-- Terry