Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:37:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: easyboot far into disk

	It probably is the >1024 cylinder problem.  You might be able to
do it with a very good boot manager.  (not sure if the OS will like being
booted from > 1024, but I am pretty sure it can).  See, with a good boot
manager in the MBR, you are already under the 1024 cyl, and it pivots out
to another OS.

You can try the Ranish boot partition Manager, partition magic
(commercial), or use "bootpart" for NT (you can install just the boot
manager).  I think for the highest level of success, the first 2 have a
better chance over the last two.  I personally use bootpart for NT, but I
also have a freebsd root slice of 40 megs in my first ide drive.

Good luck.