Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/26293: Just add detail on the tutorial

The following reply was made to PR docs/26293; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To: jrcharron@gen-int.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, brian@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 18:43:07 -0700

 [ cc'd to brain, the ppp maintainer ]

 jrcharron@gen-int.com writes:

 > >Number:         26293
 > >Category:       docs
 > >Synopsis:       Just add detail on the tutorial
 >
 > I try to configure the pppoe on my computer..And after 1 hours, I discover
 > my problem. When you create the file /etc/ppp/ppp.conf you need to put
 > at least 1 space after the name of the provider in the configuration
 > parameter for this provider to have a working script.
 >
 > Example: ( Default and set are not in the same column. This is the good way)
 >     default: # or name_of_service_provider
 >       set device PPPoE:xl1 # replace xl1 with your ethernet device
 >       set mru 1492
 >       set mtu 1492
 >       set authname YOURLOGINNAME

 Brain, can you confirm that this is indeed the intended behavior, and
 not a bug?  If that's the case, I'll update the docs to mention this
 (unless you want to do it).

 Thanks,

 					Dima Dorfman
 					dima@unixfreak.org