Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:04:33 -0400
From:      Rob Furphy <rcf@ox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD+Java/Kaffe

Robert LaThanh wrote:

> I had a lot of trouble getting my Java program running on FreeBSD.

<snip>

> Thanks,
> Robert LaThanh

My two cents:
1) The java 1.1.8 port works fine.  In fact it's excellent.  I have
(numerous)servers that are multi-threaded socket
applications.  These all work flawlessly on the 1.1.8 JDK.  TCP sockets,
UDP Multicast, thousands
of threads - the freebsd 1.1.8 jdk performs beautifully.

2) I've moved all of them now to the Native 1.2.2 JDK (alpha) and that port
works just as well
for the applications I am using.

Nate is the MAN!  (Greg's running a close second)

Rob F.

P.S. - OK, three cents:
3) Kaffe has never worked for me and I tried a few versions (to compare
against the native jdk).