Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:51:48 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?TG/Dr2MgQmxvdA==?= <loic.blot@unix-experience.fr>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fib issue with jails.

On 3/2/15 1:37 AM, Loïc Blot wrote:
> In fact, if i use setfib on the host, not in the jail and i do a setfib ping 192.168.1.1 it's not working. The mac address is correct in the packet (default router) but the packet stays on VLAN inteface and doesn't use lag
confirming from your other email,
  if you set the same route in fib0 (or maybe just a very specific one
to 192 168.1.1 so that you don't break your system),
then you see identical packets on the vlan, and they do go to the lagg,
where ones done with a setfib at the same time, do not.
but before the reboot both would have worked.

Do the packets turn up somewhere else? or do they just disappear?
I'm assuming you have tried multiple reboots and also doing the set up
sequence by hand slowly?

Unfortunatly, while I do understand the fib code generally,  I know
nothing about lagg.

If you set this up by hand, what is the full list of commands you
would have to do to get to this state?

does it make a difference if the order is not the same?
(e.g. if you set up the fib before or after the lagg?)
it might be that the lag doesn't set itself up for multiple fibs if
there is only one at the time
that it is started, or maybe it's the other way around, and that the
fibs are not set onto interfaces
that do not exist when their routes are set...

try both ways..

(I'll look in the morning.. it's late here now)