Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:49:59 -0500
From:      Charles Owens <cowens@greatbaysoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB keyboard flaky with PAE kernel, 7.1

--------------030607050402000001060406

Howdy,

I'm still digging into it, put preliminary testing is showing that with
a PAE-enabled 7.1-RELEASE-p8 kernel a USB keyboard functions only
occasionally, if you're lucky.  This flakiness is being seen with
several different server models that we support (HP and IBM, all Xeon
based).  If we boot a non-PAE kernel then the USB keyboard is rock solid.

For what it's worth (probably little) I can run the same PAE kernel on
an old Pentium II system and a USB keyboard  works fine.

What is the best way to dig into this?   Any and all assistance greatly
appreciated.  I can provide remote access to a testbed of these systems
if useful.

Charles

(And, yes, I do know that amd64 is better than PAE for various obvious
reasons. ;-) )

--

**Charles Owens**
*Great Bay Software**|** ***www.GreatBaySoftware.com****